Somewhere

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Moment by moment

When I took the dogs out yesterday morning it was blustery and so cold. Even with hat and gloves, hoodie and coat zipped up to my chin the wind pierced me. I hunched my shoulders and hunkered down to seize whatever warmth I could, my eyes fixed upon the ground.

Christmas lights caught the corner of my eye and I looked up. Toward the river, pearly banks of clouds the size of countries morphed into continents upon a black horizon as the wind played with them. My shoulders relaxed as the beauty of the morning warmed me through and through.

I wondered: how often do I miss these holy sights because I'm hunkered down in my thoughts or feelings, plans or hopes?

Later after it had gotten light, I looked out a porthole window to see white puffs of clouds outlined in purple and dark blue sail across the sky. Amazing, but in a very few minutes they were gone.

Live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment