Somewhere

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Starting Today

Starting today I'm going to try to set down my ramblings, reflections, mutterings and musings for those of you who choose to read and of course, for myself.

Why? Well, some who followed my Caring Bridge blog some years ago have asked that I continue. I've resisted but in recent days I've felt a nudging to begin.

As Christmas closes in, I've struggled to feel merry. I've not experienced any great loss recently, but it's the small niggling disappointments that intrude. You know, the ones that are embarrassing to even talk about in the face of the sorrow many people know.

I volunteer as a chaplain in a nursing home. They know about loss and grief. Last week, in one of my sometime sermons I told them that joy is not the same as happiness. Joy can be felt even when circumstances are unhappy. How? By remembering who God is, what God has done for us by coming into the world as a helpless infant, and what God has promised (and demonstrated through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus).

Today, I preach to myself.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to 'see' you here on blogger. I'm looking forward to your musings.

    ReplyDelete