Somewhere

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The first evangelists


He is not here, he has risen as he said. He is not among the dead, but among the living. Go and tell...
This year I felt closer to the resurrection than any Easter I could remember. I was ready to celebrate God's victory and God's power over death and all that binds and enslaves humankind. Worship moved me and the rest of the day was full of joy.
Monday, I returned to the orthopedic surgeon prepared, I thought, for whatever the xrays revealed. As the day wore on, I realized I wasn't. The fracture has still not healed. A 'bone stimulation device' has been ordered. The prognosis: 3-6 more months of treatment.
God has conquered disappointment and suffering by the death and resurrection of Christ but for now the victory is claimed on the spiritual level. Yesterday, I did not do that. I had a melt down.
Today David and I decided I could begin to drive on the backroads around home. I will gain some freedom and independence. The doctor said I could begin swimming; an indoor pool is less than a mile away. The church and the nursing home I've served are about 2 miles away.
My life is resurrected. Alleluia. Amen.
Women at the Tomb by Annibale Carracci, 1597-98
-

No comments:

Post a Comment