Somewhere

Friday, April 16, 2010

News Flash!

I've started driving! The doc didn't say I couldn't, so...

I'm driving locally in my immediate area. I'm staying ofs the Washington Beltway and other well-known crash courses in the area :-) until there's healing.

So, I've been to the gym to swim (boy am I out of shape) and to use the stationary bike, both "approved" activities. :-) I've returned to morning Mass and short stints visiting my friends at the local nursing home. I will (in just a few minutes) drive myself to physical therapy, which is the furthest I drive (about 10 miles, I guess.) and far enough. In most cases, it isn't the driving but the walk from the parking lot into the building that causes any pain.

A friend visited and brought cuttings from her garden which I was able to plant in beds in our front yard. That was so satisfying.

I continue to stitch and read. Most recently I've read 2 Amelia Peabody mysteries and "Winter Garden" (Kristin Hannah's newest novel). I'm slowly making my way through "The Better Part" (a guide to prayer by John Bartunek) and Sigrid Undset's biography of Catherine of Sienna.

I tell everyone who asks that "I'm better" and I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment