Somewhere

Monday, March 8, 2010

Discipline yourself!!!

My soul has turned often recently to trusting God with the present moment, whatever the moment may bring. No matter what I feel or think, whatever my response to what I experience I say to myself, "Jesus I trust you and I thank you."

Logically, if God knew me and loved me and gave His son for me even before I existed, then I can trust Him with the large and small matters that touch my life. To trust God, I must humbly relinquish control , a control I never possessed anyway, of my future.

I spoke of this once to an agnostic friend who asked: "So why are you so special to God?" Good question! I am special to God, I told him, but SO ARE YOU as is every other person that has ever lived and will ever live.

God envisions a 'future full of hope' for every one of us. Do I want God's future for me? Do I believe the God has loved me since the beginning of time and that nothing will change God's love for me?

I need to whisper that to myself many times every day: God loved me before I loved Him. He loved me so much that Jesus died for me.

De Cassaude in Abandonment to Divine Providence
counsels that trust and gratitude are key disciplines if one seeks to draw closer to God. Discipline is the operative word. Practicing trust and gratitude, spiritual weight lifting exercises, similar to the discipline of a champion athlete, build the muscles of faith and hope and love.

I trust you God with these thoughts. I thank you for them. Accomplish your will in and through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment