Somewhere

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nearly gone


Green grass has reappeared! The snow I thought would be here til July is nearly gone, even on our shady side of the street.

I'm ready for the snow, which glided gently to earth with mesmerizing beauty so many weeks ago, to leave!


Come on in, Spring! Bring your warmer temperatures, delicate buds, and pastel blossoms. I'll be thankful for your moody rains and temperatures for they signal the return of life to the earth.

Can I be thankful for the moodiness of living? Some days my spirit soars; some days it's as grounded as an ostrich, too heavy, and seemingly not made, for flight at all. Can I trust that,like the changing seasons, they are part of life? Can I trust that God will take me through the winter of the heart to its' Spring? Can I trust God will find me once again?


Today I can trust for my heart is light. But I know a day will come when people or circumstances or my own failings will challenge me.

Nouwen writes: ...we can allow ourselves to be found by God and healed by his love through the concrete and daily practice of trust and gratitude. Trust and gratitude are the disciplines for ...conversion... Without such disciplines we become prey to self-perpetuating hopelessness.

God is looking for you. (The Return of the Prodigal Son, p. 84)



No comments:

Post a Comment