Somewhere

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Harden not your hearts

Well, as you might guess, as I haven't written in more than 2 weeks, the cold became a serious sinus infection. I finished the antibiotic several days ago and all that remains is a dry cough. Hurray!

On another front, Friday's xray of my ankle/leg revealed significant healing. I concluded physical therapy that day, too. Joy abounds!

In between, I cruised in for my annual visit to my oncologist. All is well. I am so, so, so grateful.

My container garden is flourishing. One tomato plant has 11 tomatoes on it. Apparently, they love this hot and humid weather. The flowers and herbs are doing well, too, especially the basil. I want to try making pesto.

David just returned from a long stint in Texas which ended with his step-father's death. The last six months were pure agony. We mourn his absence, but truly death set him free.

I preached twice last week at the nursing home. I enjoy tailoring a message to the elderly and infirm and I think it shows.

The message? Nothing can separate us from God's love and mercy except ourselves. God will forgive anything if we can bring ourselves to admit we've done wrong and ask. That's all. God wants to welcome us as beloved daughters and sons into the family.

Why, oh why, do we so often refuse?

No comments:

Post a Comment