Somewhere

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Changing colors

Fall has finally arrived.   With the cooler breeze blowing through my hair, walking is pure joy. 

The summer's drought has many leaves turning brown and dropping already.  To my eyes, more trees look stressed or dying this year.

I hear distress from my neighbors in small comments that reflect anxiety about our nation's current economic problems.  I know some who're unemployed, some who've lost their homes to foreclosure, and many who are actively preparing for a future they fear.  One person, nearing retirement, said to me last week:  "I'm going to working till I die just to survive."

These realities and fears feel like a drought of hope.

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for a future full of hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment