Somewhere

Thursday, September 2, 2010

In the eye of the storm

Hurricane Earl, bearing down on the east  coast, fills the airwaves today.  Millions of lives disrupted as they prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

How fortunate to have the benefit of advanced warning.  Despite interuption and inconvenience, we in the first world have the grace, which those in the developing world do not,  of prior warning.  Technology provides time to prepare and to avoid nature's fury, if one chooses.

Through the scriptures, church, faith, and sacred tradition God provides an early warning system for preparing to weather the storms of  our spirits.  Ignored them, ridiculed them (and those who heeded them), denied them, and finally named 'my own truth' based on my intelligence and education -- I've done it all at one time or another.


I've traveled many roads to at last surrender and say, "Jesus, I trust in you."  Implicit is a decision to do my best to obey, simply obey.  No excuses, no rationalization.  (Two things I'm quite accomplished at.)

No comments:

Post a Comment