Somewhere

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lil' darlin'


Does this lil' darlin' look like she could ever do wrong? Absolutely too cute, right?
Unable to walk her, I've been letting her out the back door in the morning. She knows the drill. While she does her 'business', I sit by the door awaiting her return while saying my morning prayers.
Today she ran out as usuall, but was out only a few minutes. She appeared at the door, I let her in, and settled back into my prayers. She headed into the family room. My back was to her. In less than 10 minutes I heard the distinctive feet scratching carpet sound that should happen only on grass!
So much for prayer!
My "BAD GIRL -- NO NO NO" rang out. Head down, she circled around my back and positioned herself in the cornerbehind me and sat there for 10 minutes. I did not teach her this! Too cute. I had to smile.
But prayer was over. I could not recover the inner quiet and attentiveness to God.
Given that she must be corrected, I'm not sure I should have done anything differently.
But in a sense, Satan won the moment disrupting my time with God.
In another sense, I gave into the temptation to anger. The mess really wasn't that important. Definitely I sacrificed, by my response, the peace that comes only in company with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment