Somewhere

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Order of Things

Well, once again my life has dramatically shifted gears.

Walking in the neighborhood Monday I fell and broke my ankle.

A soft boot, a walker, and no weight bearing for at least 2 weeks later and I get to once again "glorify God in these circumstances." (See John 8).

Fortunately I have experience with this drill! Time to slow down (actually come to a screeching halt) and live more meditatively for the next few months. Also, I get first hand insight into the experiences of my friends at the nursing home who live with loss of independence and mobility all day every day. It will be good for me.

My leg hurts, but not the rest of me. For that I can be grateful. Compared to leukemia this is a piece of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment