Somewhere

Thursday, February 11, 2010

drip, drip,drip


I watched the steady drip, drip, drip of the 2' long icicles hanging from the gutter while I ate lunch. With the sun directly overhead illuminating them, they appeared electrically lit: They had a vertical column of bright yellow descending the outside edge.

Suddenly one fell. When would the next icicle (shoe?) drop? Not while I watched, but I knew another and then another eventually would.

I remember childhood visits to Mammoth Cave and the talks about the formation of stalagmites and stalactites by the same process but in very different conditions.

I thought about the accretions of the unique personality and set of experiences that have made me who I am today. Adding and subtracting, shaping and forming the person God created 9 months before my birth and the person born for the second time by faith in Christ, and molded day by day by the Holy Spirit.

Drip, drip, drip.

No comments:

Post a Comment