Somewhere

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Running the race

I'm going out today! Between my bone issues and the snow-pocalypse I've experienced the world from the window and television images.

I realized the other day that I hadn't even been to the grocery in over 6 weeks! So, I'm excited to go to church and out the dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Yesterday I FINISHED the stitchery project that I began more than 5 years ago. Persistence and patience are not my strong suit. Recurrent illnesses added fuel to the fire; I didn't need to even feel guilty about it!

This 'down time' became purposeful. Putting in the last stitch was amazing and seeing the finished piece pressed and ready to frame so very satisfying.

I mused that should I ever enter the pearly gates having successfully 'run the race' as St. Paul says, I'll feel similarly but multiplied many, many times over.

Loving God, give me grace to finish the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment