Somewhere

Friday, February 5, 2010

In the eye of the storm


I can not remember ever seeing winter snow maps with large portions shaded and labeled "disruptive" or "crippling" snowfall. The reaction has been predictable: mobbed grocery and hardware stores stripped of essential items and nearly constant warnings about preparedness for the oncoming crisis.

It's led me to think about what we might do if we had advance warning of the disabling storms of life that are just over our horizon. How would we prepare, especially if we knew we had no power to avoid or stop them; we must go through them?

As a parent, that's my goal: to prepare my children to face life's storms.

They are now grown. The days for active teaching are past. Now I pray, I encourage, I try to be a faithful example.

Everything else, like the effects of today's "crippling" storm must be trusted to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment