Somewhere

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some good news


Yesterday I was fitted for a custom brace. It will fit inside a shoe and I'll be rid of the clunky boot. The shoes have to tie snugly at my ankle to hold the brace. I'm glad Matt's wedding is still 3 months away!

I'm reading Henri Nouwen's "The Return of the Prodigal Son" which is a meditation on Rembrandt's painting vis a vis Rembrandt's life, Nouwen's life, the life of Christ, our our own lives. Fascinating and inspiring, at times intriguing like:

I am touching here the mystery that Jesus himself became the prodigal for our sake.

***
Receiving forgiveness requires a total willingness to let God be God and do all the healing, restoring, and renewing. As long as I want to do even a part of that myself, I end up with partial solutions, such as becoming a hired servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment